The Dangerous World of a Hell Hound (Tagged)



I have been tagged by the awesome Sheena-kay (please check out her blog, if you haven’t already done so). Please enjoy~

1.      What is the working title of your book?
a.       Hell Hound
2.      Where did this idea come from for your book?
a.       My overactive imagination thought of this idea, with a side order of Three Days Grace. For those that may not know, Three Days Grace is a rock band. Ranking in at number five on my awesome bands list, this band is one of my favorites. While listening to their song, “Pain”, one of the lyrics caught my attention and ignited my idea flame bigger and “Hell Hound” was born. That lyric was, “This life is filled with hurt, when happiness doesn’t work.Trust me and take my hand, I’ll show you a world that you’ll understand~”

"Pain" - Three Days Grace

3.      What genre does you book fall under?
a.       Young Adult Supernatural
4.      Which actors would you choose to play your characters in the movie?
a.       Sen Mitsuji or Takeru Satoh as Cyrus Saitou

 

                                                              i.     (Sen on the left and Takeru on the right) Though, I assume Sen isn't an actor. At least not to my knowledge. ^^; 

b.      Zoe Kravitz as Aurora Rae


c.       Max Thieriot or Tom Felton as Sid Cruel

 

                                                              i.      I can’t really decide which one I could see portraying Sid. Either would be a good fit! Sid is Cyrus childhood friend. 

d.      Sam Claflin as Alexander Heimrich


e.       Max Irons as Sebastian Heimrich


f.        Rila Fukushima as Mao Saitou


5.      What is the one sentence synopsis for your book?
a.       A delinquent grim reaper lost in a web of darkness finds light in a half-human girl named Aurora Rae.
6.      Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
a.       Currently, I am undecided if Hell Hound will be a short story or full-length novel. If it’s a novella, I plan to submit it to a small publisher, without the agent. However, if it’s a full-length, I will write a query for an literary agent.
7.      How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
a.       I am still in the process of mapping out the story (character descriptions, plot, geography, chapter outlines etc.) and will concentrate on working on the actual chapters after I have completed that. I want to be able to know my plot and characters thoroughly before starting.
8.       What other books would your compare this to in your genre?
a.       Honestly, I cannot think of any books. I am sure there is at least a few, but none comes to mind.
9.      Who or what inspired you to write this book.
a.       Determination inspired me to write this book. Aside from being passionate when it comes to writing/books, I want to complete something I started (which I have only done once). This story is important to me and I plan to stick with it and not allow myself to sway as I have previously.
10.  What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
a.       For starters, Hell Hound is a story about a gang member that gets a thrill living life in danger. In a way, Cyrus is an anti-hero. He has his moments of heroism, while he could become a villain given the opportunity. While reading this story, readers will be able to see how a melancholy girl can change the heart of a cold exterior, sarcastic natured and reckless omega (a supernatural being) through the power of love. It sounds quite cliché, but I assure that it is anything but.  I have big plans for this story and really want it to stand out from the average YA Supernatural genre.

I hope everyone enjoyed reading that! I do not know who to tag, so anyone that would like to do this, I encourage you to do so! 

On a small side-note, if you keep updated with my Facebook page, then you may remember seeing me state that I had some good news. Well…drum roll please…


I am now a contributor for What Culture! Last week, I applied for the job and today I received an email acceptance letter! For those that do not know, What Culture is a leading entertainment news outlet. Currently, the website attracts 1.5 million unique views user every month who collectively view over 5 million different pages!


Primarily, I will write articles based on movies and music, possibly even anime/manga! With my foot in the door as a writer, let’s see where this will take me. 

3 comments:

  1. Went to peek at What Culture and spent practically an hour just reading articles. Congrats on joining such an amazing site! Sorry I forgot to tell you that you were tagged but glad you took the initiative and did this. Your book sounds exciting and rich. Can't wait to read more.

    Please visit this site. You might not know co-author David King but I'm sure you'll empathize with this situation: http://amberargyle.blogspot.com/2013/08/publisher-cancels-novel-because-author.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently thinking of what type of article I will submit this week. Thank you and it's okay, I'm glad I noticed the tag!

      I just read the article and I'm very surprised a publisher would do such a thing to an author. That is one publisher I would definitely stay away from.

      Delete

 

Inspiration

people i admire















Mail

Worldwide

worldwide.